Some people in abusive relationships choose to escape their abuser by moving into a confidential safe house, or refuge. Others may flee to temporary accommodation provided by a local authority.

Aylesbury Women’s Aid and Wycombe Women’s Aid have refuges. The organisation Refuge can also be contacted 24/7 about refuge spaces in all areas of the UK.

Housing and Homelessness

Buckinghamshire Council has general information on housing and homelessness, along with specific housing advice for those affected by domestic abuse on their website.